Saturday 11 June 2011

Resisting temptation!!!


Every moment of resistance to temptation is a victory.
Frederick William Faber  
Temptation is very hard to resist because when you face temptation everything looks so perfect. For example, if you’re tempted to smoke you will see smoke as the best think in the world, that turns your life to be happier and better. While in real life it’s really bad for you, it’s ruining your health, and it’s stopping your mind from thinking. However, if you actually think about it and see the negative size of it, you will try to resist it. No matter how hard your friends encourage you to do it; you will still resist which is very hard to do. Therefore, whoever can resist the temptations he/she faces through their lifetime is a victory.

When I resisted temptation as I mentioned in the above example, I felt very happy of what i accomplished and learned that this friend wasn't a real friend but rather was using me to hide his faults. After I stopped hanging out with him I felt very happy because my grades went up dramatically and my parents were very proud of me, first because i faced my struggles and made the right choice, and second I was going through the right academic path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment